Lanai Menu

- Lanai Guide
- Lanai Attractions
- Lanai Activities
- Lanai Events
- Lanai Lodging
- Lanai Dining
- Lanai Regions
- Lanai Towns
- Lanai Transport
- About Lanai




All Hawaii Menu

Introduction
About Hawaii
Hawaiian Music
Photo Gallery

Hawaii Islands
All Islands
Oahu
Maui
Hawaii
Kauai
Molokai
Lanai
Northwest

Hawaii Topics
Things to Do
What to See
Events
Hotels
Restaurants
Transportation
Recipes





Hawaiian Music
Karen Keawehawaii Singing with Raiatea Helm



Hawaii Travel on Facebook Page


ALL HAWAII MENU:


All Hawaii Menu

Introduction
About Hawaii
Hawaiian Music
Photo Gallery

Hawaii Islands
All Islands
Oahu
Maui
Hawaii
Kauai
Molokai
Lanai
Northwest

Hawaii Topics
Things to Do
What to See
Events
Hotels
Restaurants
Transportation
Recipes





Hawaiian Music
Karen Keawehawaii Singing with Raiatea Helm



Hawaii Travel on Facebook Page







History on Lanai Island

Information about the history of Lanai Island in Hawaii.

In the past Lanai Island was known as: "The Pineapple Isle" but since very little pineapple is grown on the island, is is now frequently called the "Secluded Island". and while 98% of the island is owned by Castle and Cooke (Dole), pineapple is no longer grown on the island. the remaining 2% of Lanai is owned by the state of Hawaii. For many years, most of Lanai was dedicated to growing pineapples, but the thousands of acres of pineapple fields are gone. Today there are less then 100 acres of pineapple fields on the island. The island is now has two luxury resorts, world class golf courses, hunting, clay shooting, mountain biking, and snorkeling.

Notable People in the History of Lanai Island
- Walter Gibson (1822-1888)
- George Munro (1866-1963)
- James Dole (1877-1958)
- David Murdock (born in 1923)
- Larry Ellison (born in 1944)

Notable People in the History of Lanai Island
- Ranching History of Lanai
- Sugar History of Lanai
- Pineapple History of Lanai
- Tourism History of Lanai

]

Lanai Island Travel Guide

About Maui County

The Islands of Hawaii

State of Hawaii Travel Guide


See also:
Pictures of Hawaii
Destinations in Hawaii
Hawaii for Visitors














| About Hawaii | Activities | Attractions | Big Island | Events | Kauai | Kahoolawe | Lanai | Lodging | Maui | Niihau | Kahoolawe | Oahu | Pearl Harbor | Polynesian Cultural Center | Recipes | Transportation | Waikiki |
Shop
Books
Videos
Music
Calendars
Posters

Partner Sites
Hawaiian Music History
California for Visitors
Nevada for Visitors
Arizona for Visitors